veterans day thank you quotes: If you are looking for veterans day thank you quotes pictures 2017 than you come to right place. Observed with the intention of honoring the veterans of the country, the Veterans Day is a federal US holiday. It is celebrated on 11th of November every year, with a huge number of shows and events all across the nation.
Download Veterans day quotes thank you pictures 2017:
You may have come across the name Armistice Day. It is this day that has been renamed as the Veterans Day.
Right after the end of World War I, U.S. President Woodrow Wilson addressed him countrymen with remorse for the lives lost and relief for the war had come to an end.
On this particular day, i.e., 11th of November, 1919, the first Armistice Day was celebrated. People remember the war veterans now by carrying Veterans day quotes and veterans day thank you quotes pictures in parades and marches.
You’d have to go a long way to find someone who was more proud and grateful for what our veterans have done for all of us.
Also Read: Veterans Day images
All of my high school male teachers were WWII and/or Korean War veterans. They taught my brothers and me the value of service to our country and reinforced what our dad had shown us about the meaning of service.
I hope to live long enough to see my surviving comrades march side by side with the Union veterans along Pennsylvania Avenue, and then I will die happy.
Also Read: Veterans Day Memes
In a fire, you have to be thoughtful; you have to have a certain kind of intuitive smarts that the veterans have. I’m not there yet, despite the Stanford degree.
Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.
America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world.
List of Best veterans day thanks you quotes
s wë ëxprëss our grätïtudë, wë must nëvër forgët thät thë hïghëst äpprëcïätïon ïs not to uttër words, but to lïvë by thëm.
Wïthout hëroës, wë ärë äll pläïn pëoplë änd don’t know how fär wë cän go.
For your välïäncy, grëät ëfforts, änd säcrïfïcës for our country, wë sälutë you.
Ëvëryonë lovës frëëdom but ëvëryonë ïsn’t wïllïng to sërvë out ä country änd fïght for ït. Todäy wë honour thosë thät hävë. Happy Veterans Day!
To bë brävë doës not mëän you’rë not äfräïd. Ït mëäns you’ll go änywäy whätëvër mäy häppën. Thänk you Vëtëräns!
Wë ärë thë “Länd of thë frëë” bëcäusë of thë brävëry of our mën änd womën who fought thë bättlë for our lïbërty. Wïth sïncërë grätïtudë änd prïdë, wë sälutë you änd wïsh you cëlëbrätë thïs däy dëdïcätëd for our hëroës, Vëtëräns!
Wë thänk you for your grëät ëfforts, thë wäy you protëct us mäkës us fëël säfër änd ät ëäsë. Wïth grëät grätïtudë from thë bottom of our hëärts!
Also Read: Veterans Day Freebies 2017
Initially the day was called as Armistice Day in remembrance to the Armistice of Germany which went into effect with the end of World War I. But when the World War II came to an end, WWII veterans Raymond Weeks got an idea. He wanted the day to be extended to not just WWI veterans but all war veterans taken together.
Also Read: Veterans Day inspirational Videos
So, on 1st June, 1954, the word ‘Veterans Day’ was coined. Back in 1971, the Veterans Day was celebrated on the fourth Monday of the month of October for a few years. But in the year 1978, the trend of celebrating it on 11th of November came back into effect.
Have a look at our collection of Veterans day thank you quotes
Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day. Charles B. Rangel
“I hope to live long enough to see my surviving comrades march side by side with the Union veterans along Pennsylvania Avenue, and then I will die happy”
“To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with lots of pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations.” –Woodrow Wilson
Barack Obama: “It’s about how we treat our veterans every single day of the year. It’s about making sure they have the care they need and the benefits that they’ve earned when they come home. It’s about serving all of you as well as you’ve served the United States of America.
Intended to pay their respect and honor to the brave war veterans, the Veterans Day is observed with a lot of pomp and show. Various shows and events are organized to help aging war veterans. But the most exciting thing about Veterans Day are the various parades that are held in different cities. It is through these parades that people show their ought most respect and dignity for the war veterans.
Best Veterans Day Thank You Quotes
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” —John F. Kennedy
“The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.”—Jeff Miller
“I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, ‘Mother, what was war?’” —Eve Merriam
“Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” —G.K. Chesterton
Some of the most popular Veterans Day parades are held in:
- New York City: Also known as America’s Parade, the New York City Veterans Day parade is the largest one among all. For the last 100 years, the parade has invited thousands and thousands of spectators and participants.
- Albany, Oregon: This historic parade has been going on for the last 65 years. It is led by a group of motorcyclists who go by the name of Patriot Guard Riders, who present themselves as escorts for fallen soldiers.
- Birmingham, Alabama: Hometown of war veteran Raymond Weeks, the Birmingham parade is one of the most popular ones in the country. People go around with posters and Happy Veterans day quotes in honor of the war veterans.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: As famous as the city is, so is it Veterans Day parade. It features over 120 floats, bands, and other attractions which kicks off with various celebs singing the National Anthem.
- Houston, Texas: Houston’s parade is more popularly known as “Houston Salutes American Heroes Veterans Day Celebration.” It includes jobs, health fairs etc. for the old and ailing war veterans of the US.
- Auburn, Washington: The parade of this place is recognized by the Veterans Day National Committee and the US Department of Veterans Affairs. With over 6000 participants, this city hosts one of the most sought after Veterans Day celebrations of all time.
- Petaluma, California: The parade of Petaluma, California is well known for its Clydesdale horses, USAF Jazz Band of the West, and flyovers by Nanchang airplanes! In the last few years, the number of visitors and participants has increased many folds and has crossed the 40,000 mark.
Apart from the above-mentioned parades, there are numerous other events that will go around the country on the Veterans Day.
We don’t just go out and take part in these events on Veterans Day. We also love to wish our friends and family members a Happy Veterans Day on various social media applications and Download Happy Veterans day Images and Veterans day Thank You Quotes.
So if you are in search of Veterans day thank you quotes for Facebook and Veterans day thank you quotes for WhatsApp, then you have come to the right place.
We have got some of the best Veterans day thank you quotes pictures that you can use to wish each other on Veterans Day.
These Veterans day pictures can be used on social media application for a wider reach.
- Veterans Day inspirational Videos Complete Collections 2017
- Veterans Day Speeches Which Make Your Heart Patriotic
- Watch Exclusive Detail of Veterans Day Parade 2017
- 6 Important Veterans Day Facts Trivia , 5 Sad Fact About Veterans Day