“In order to ensure proper and widespread observance of this anniversary, all veterans, all veterans’ organizations, and the entire citizenry will wish to join hands in the common purpose.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower. If you are looking for such motivational Happy Veterans Day quotes, then we have a lot many of them for you right here. Don’t Miss Veterans Day images 2018 on our homepage.
Veterans Day is celebrated on 11th of November every year since 1919. With the end of World War I, the Armistice of Germany came into effect.
It is from this name that the ‘Armistice Day’ word was coined. With US President Woodrow Wilson issuing a message to his fellow countrymen on the ending of WWI, 11 November 1919 was marked as the first Armistice Day.
The day was later renamed as the Veterans Day in the year 1954. It was done on the suggestion of Raymond Weeks, who is a World War II veteran.
With the replacement of the name of the day, the concept of National Veterans Award was also introduced. In the year 1954, Congressman Ed Rees of Kansas received the very first National Veterans Award as he was the driving force behind making the Veterans Day a federal holiday.
You can easily find veterans chanting Happy Veterans Day quotes
- “Support our armed men and women!” we cry, but I say “Let us love our Veterans!” Let us never forget their valiancy and heroic deeds for our country.
- For your valiancy, great efforts, and sacrifices for our country, we salute you.
- To all who served as our armed forces, we thank and salute you! Your sacrifices in honor and duty for our nation are worthy to be praised. You truly are our heroes! Happy Hero’s Day!
- Saying thank you won’t be enough because greater are your sacrifices just to fight for our freedom. Thank you for all the hardwork. With great pride, we salute and honor all our soldiers! Happy Veterans Day!
- This country will remain the homeland of the free as long as it is the home of the brave.
- To be brave does not mean you’re not afraid. It means you’ll go anyway whatever may happen. Thank you Veterans!
- We are the “Land of the free” because of the bravery of our men and women who fought the battle for our liberty. With sincere gratitude and pride, we salute you and wish you celebrate this day dedicated for our heroes ,Veterans!
- We thank you for your great efforts, the way you protect us makes us feel safer and at ease. With great gratitude from the bottom of our hearts!
- Bravery is contagious. When a brave man stands up for what is right, the others are often affected and does the same.
- Your valiance, loyalty, and sacrifice for this nation will never be forgotten. Wishing you a Happy Veterans Day!
- Thank you so much for protecting us – our lives and the freedom of this country. Thank you for guarding us tirelessly. We salute and wish you a Happy Veterans Day!
- At this moment, twenty-five million veterans are living with us. These men and women selflessly fought for our nation’s liberty setting aside their civilian lives. With great pride and honor, they bravely put on their uniform to serve this country. Happy Veterans Day!
- Glad to wear the colors red, white, and blue because of our courageous men and women like you! Thank you for your hard work, sacrifices, and service. May you have a wonderful day!
- With our hearts filled with gratitude and joy and eyes filled with tears, we would like to thank our brave men and women who risked their lives and sacrificed everything for the sake of our country so that we can live a better life. Thank you so much and we wish you a Happy Veterans Day!
We also have some images with Happy Veterans Day 2018 quotes in them.
Also Read: 6 Important Veterans Day Facts Trivia
Veteran Day is celebrated to honor the war veterans who have fought for the nation and brought glory to us. To mark their respect for the war veterans, people, as well as various organizations, celebrate the day with a lot of vigor. Even when Veterans Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, people and various federal offices celebrate the day on the adjacent Friday or Monday. Veterans Day 2018 falls on a Saturday; so, there is high probability that the celebration is going to take place on 10th of November 2017 i.e. Friday.
A celebration of Veterans Day is carried out with a lot many events, shows, concerts and stirring parades.
Happy Veterans Day Quotes 2018:
One of the good things about the way the Gulf War ended in 1991 is, you’d see the Vietnam veterans marching with the Gulf War veterans. George H. W. Bush
Caring for veterans shouldn’t be a partisan issue. It should an American one. Jennifer Granholm.
I’m extremely grateful to all the first responders, veterans and their families for all their sacrifices. Taya Kyle
America’s disabled veterans answered our country’s call, and when their time in uniform is done, our country must stand with them. John Delaney
National Veterans Day Poster Contest
This one is for all the artists around the country. The 2018 National Veterans Day Poster Contest is a poster contest organized every year by the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) National Veterans Outreach Office, in conjunction with the Veterans Day National Committee.
For your poster to win the contest, you need to add vital things like US Flag, Bald Eagle (National Bird of the US) and most importantly Happy Veterans Day 2018 quotes.
We have numerous images with quotes honoring veterans of the nation. You can easily sue these in your posters and give a patriotic touch to them.
National Veterans Day Ceremony
The National Veterans Day Ceremony is celebrated every year at the Arlington National Cemetery. The event starts sharp at 11 a.m. It begins with the wreath laying at the Tomb of the Unknowns and then continues in Memorial Amphitheater.
It is followed by a parade of colors by veterans’ organizations. Just like other Veterans Day celebrations, this ceremony is also celebrated to honor the war veterans.
Manassas Veterans Day Parade
This is one of the most looked out for Veterans Day parade. Starting from the intersection of Quarry Rd. and Prescott Ave. in Historic Manassas, it is the largest Veterans Day Parade in Northern Virginia and in the Washington, D.C. area. It starts at 11:00 am and includes multiple military units and vehicles, military and high school bands, local veteran organizations, and pipe and drum corps teams.
Penn State Military Appreciation – Lions Vs. Hawkeyes Game (and More)
This is one of its kind Veterans Day celebration in which apart from parade and breakfast, Penn State offers a week’s events like movie show, BBQ, tailgate party, and many other shows and events for the veterans from November 4 through November 13.
Please have a look at the below Happy Veterans Day 2017 quotes that we have gathered here. We hope you like our collection of quotes.
- “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” — Michel de Montaigne
- “Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.”
— Bernard Malamud
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
- “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place–police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” — Sidney Sheldon
- Trending Article:
- Veterans Day Wishes
- Veterans Day Messages
- Fact About Veterans Day
- Veterans Day Poems
- Veterans Day Memes
- Veterans Heroes
- Veterans Day Songs
- Veterans Day Thank You Quotes
- Veterans Day Graphics
- Veterans Day inspirational Videos
- Veterans Day cards
- Happy Veterans Day Pictures
- Veterans Day Quotes Thank You
- Veterans Day Parade
- Veterans Day Speeches
- Happy Veterans Day Quotes
- Veterans Day Essay
- Veterans Day Flag Pictures
- Veterans Day Clip Art
- Veterans Day images 2018